Tuesday, October 11, 2011

50 Years with "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

I am very happy to celebrate 50 years of one of my all-time favorite movies! I think I have watched this movie at least once for every year since it's release, but condensed into my age (which is exactly half that amount of time!)

Though some aspects of Breakfast at Tiffany's haven't exactly stood the test of time, this is truly a movie that has inspired my love of classic cinema, 1960s fashion, and the always elegant Audrey Hepburn. If you haven't seen it, check it out as soon as you possibly can. And while watching it, keep in mind that I believe what's most endearing about the character of Holly Golightly is the fact that she is probably one of the most put-together hot messes of all time. And aren't we all really just trying to keep our heads above water and (hopefully) looking great while doing it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment