Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shopping for the Perfect Red Pump

Hi there JSQ readers! It's Libby, Jenna's former co-worker (We miss her already) and owner of the Etsy shop FollowMeMoon. You may remember me from my L'Amour List or Pinspiration Fashion Week. While Jenna's getting settled in NYC, I want to share with you my adventures in searching for the perfect red pump. I love how a red shoe can really amp up a so-so outfit, and how when you put them on you feel instantly sexy. Here's my personal shopping checklist for finding just the right pair: 

  • A lower heel so I can wear them both for work and evening. 
  • No frills! I'll pass on the flowers, sparkles and studs. I want this pair to become a wardrobe classic.
  • Pointed or almond toe. In my opinion this type of toe is really flattering and chic.
  • Color is important. I love a lipstick red, almost orange shade that really pops! 
  • No patent leather, please. While there are some classy versions, I think red patent leather heels can sometimes look cheap. 

Here are some options I've found: 

J. Crew Valentina snakeskin pumps

Charles by Charles David Hocus pumps

Nine West Flax pump

Vigotti Lanka pump

0 comments:

Post a Comment