Wednesday, December 16, 2015

#Blogmas Day 16: The 12 Lips of Christmas

I can not believe #Blogmas is over halfway over. How does this work, anyway? Do I blog every day until Christmas? Or keep going and blog every day until January? Stay tuned...Oh, the intrigue! My goodness. Though, at the risk of sounding too cutesy, I have really LOVED blogging everyday and reconnecting with whoever is left of my followers (and most importantly myself). Tear. I just may keep it up!

That being said, today I'm here to share with you my absolute favorite Christmas Lip Products! While many of these are what I'd consider to be my absolute favorites for achieving that bold, red holiday lip, others are perfect for nourishing your lips in winter, or just great tools for keeping your lips loud and proud this season. Whether you wear lipstick all year like I do, or you pull out a BAM! lip just for the holidays, each of these products below are tried and true, and JSQ-approved!

1  Nars Satin Lip Pencil in "Rikugien" 
While this isn't a red, I thought I'd ease into with a lip pencil guaranteed to just take your natural lip color and give it a bit more polish and pizazz. I am in love with this shade, and it looks beautiful with a bold eye, or can be equally great with a natural, pretty look.

2  Aveda Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color in "Poppy"
I've sworn by this lip color for at least the past 5 Christmasses. It's a perfect cool-toned classic red that makes your teeth look hella white. And it also smells so minty fresh and feels incredibly nourishing. It's a fave!

3  Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in "F-Bomb"
I'm a huge fan of Revolution Lipstick's formulation. It's so intensely pigmented and totally creamy. It feels fantastic on the lips, and I love this shade for a classic holiday lip look.

4  L'Oréal Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Pen in "Matte-r of Fact"
This color came into my life in the summer, breezed through fall with me, and will now probably be my winter lip look of choice also. It's a perfect berry fuschia color that is both glamorous and totally festive. It was one of those shades where I thought, this will NOT be my color, no way will this look good on me...and I ended up absolutely LOVING IT. If I want to step out of my comfort zone, this is what I reach for and it nails it every time. (I am having a heart attack that I'm not seeing it on the L'Oréal website...but I did find it online at Ulta. Fingers crossed it isn't discontinued!)

5  Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15
First of all, just because it's winter doesn't mean your lips don't need their SPF. And I have blogged about this beautiful, oh-so-pricey number before. And the story is still the same. I can't live without it, nothing nourishes and protects my (super dry, flakey) lips like it, and I put it on continuously throughout the day. Bury me with it so I can take it with me to the afterlife, okay?

6  The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in "Loyal"
This liquid lipstick, in basically every shade offered, is my TOP makeup pick of 2015. It smells like a thin mint Girl Scout cookie, it stays on literally all day, and you can drink all the champagne and eat all the passed hors d'oeurves you want this Christmas and it will stay put. It's like magic in a tiny tube. Must buy all of them.

7  Bite Beauty - Bite Mix and Mingle in "Holly/Tannin"
This is a two-for-the-price-of-one perfect holiday lip set. Holly is the perfect bright red while Tannin is this deep berry full-on glamour girl color. You can even do a lip ombre look where you dab holly in the centers of your upper and lower lip for extra dimension! I believe both shades are sold separately too, because I have the full-size of Tannin and wore it to death last winter.

8  Nars Lipstick in "Scarlet Empress"
This is definitely my favorite lipstick when I'm going for big film noir type holiday drama. It's gorgeous for a party with a black dress and an chignon. Or it's amazing as a beautiful, deep fall lip look as well, like Zoella often does. Stunning and makes your chompers soooo white.

9  Too Faced Lip Insurance Primer
When you want your lips to last, I'd absolutely recommend using a lip primer like this one from Too Faced. It's definitely smoothing, if you're trying to smooth out your natural lip texture. And it definitely keeps lipstick from feathering, though I'd still use a lip liner if you're doing a red or deep lip look. It's just a little something extra to hedge your bets on the way to your holiday party.

10  Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in "Crimson"
This is the newest red lip to my collection, and I thought I'd share one that was more warm-toned in case that's better on you. I kind of love both cool and warm reds. And I love this formulation, because it's matte-like but it stays so completely creamy at the same time. Divine. And dare I say, it might be my favorite everyday red at the moment!

11  LUSH Santa's Lip Scrub
A lip scrub is absolutely essential for me. My lips don't love lipstick as much as I do, and this is just my little way of reminding them who's boss. I try to use this twice a day, because my lips are truly a dry, patchy desert by the end of the day. I do one round before bed, and top with the Sugar Lip treatment (Number 5) and I do another round in the morning if needed before I put on my lipstick. It tastes so yummy good, like Christmas cookies or something. Mmm!

12  LOC | Birchbox and Tati Vibrant Matte Lipstick in "Glam Life"
Tati from Glam Life Guru on YouTube is my GIRL, seriously. I fangirl hard for her. And she created this collection with Birchbox for their debut brand LOC (Love of Color). And this lip color is kind of the centerpiece of the lip collection (hello, the name is Glam Life). In fact, it looks like it's sold out so I'm sorry about that! But it's a stunning berry shade that comes through a bit lighter than it looks in the packaging, and I'm completely in love. It does dry out my lips a bit but as long as I make sure to use numbers 5 and 11, I'm good to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment