Sunday, November 6, 2011

Buys on a Budget: Herringbone Boots

Remember a few weeks ago, when I blogged about a preppy rainy-day look that included a really great pair of two-toned Hunter Regent herringbone boots? I have had galoshes on the brain ever since! I really love the boots because they go with everything, and the herringbone pattern really spruces them up, so they aren't just your standard black wellies. They are truly what I would call the perfect pair; good for any rainy day occasion, whether you just wear them in transit and then slip on your shoes, or build the rest of your outfit around them. However, I really couldn't justify spending the full-price (nearly 200 smackers) on a pair of herringbone boots when I already have two pairs of perfectly good, albeit rather loud, galoshes sitting in my closet. So imagine my surprise when I found this pair today at Target, with a fraction of the price-tag. Needless to say, I'm now the proud owner of a new pair of herringbone rain boots, and this got me thinking...and then blogging...and now I'm pleased to bring you a new JSQ Feature: Buys on a Budget. In my travels, should I come across an equally great (and affordable) item that is nearly identical to it's designer counterpart, you will all be the first to know about it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an amazing fine! Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to head over to Target now!!

    xx Melina

    ReplyDelete