Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratuitous Clinique Moment

So I gave myself away when I clued you all on what I keep in my makeup bag, and I am pretty loud and proud about the fact that I love me some Clinique... It's not just the fact that every product seems to work miracles (though that certainly does keep me coming back for more), but moreso the fact that everything is beautiful, from the cosmetic color palette right dow to the packaging. Everything smells clean and fresh, and feels youthful and affordable but luxe at the same time. Clinique, for me, is an experience. I am continually surprised by each new product I try. Case in point: the Chubby Stick. (Cue to the choirs of angels shining beams of light down onto the Chubby Stick.) What is this strangely titled product, you may ask? Essentially, it's a sheer lipstick and a moisturizing lip balm all wrapped up in what looks like a big, fat crayon. And it's really the new frontier of lip color.

These days, unless you're wearing statement lips, like red, dark wine, or neutral, lipstick feels a little bit...old. And it just sits ontop of your lips feeling gummy...when it's not accidentally on your teeth! But the Chubby Stick glides on, enhances your natural lip color, and makes you look pretty but doesn't make a big deal about itself. I loved how they felt and looked so much that I bought two! (Fuller Fig and Mega Melon, to be specific)

1  Richer Raisin
2  Fuller Fig
3  Graped Up
4  Mega Melon
5  Super Strawberry
6  Woppin Watermelon
7  Chunky Cherry

3 comments:

  1. I have just stumbled across your blog via pinterest! And I love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I really need to try this now! Thanks for sharing!

    xx Melina

    ReplyDelete